Saturday, October 06, 2007

HOW MUCH IS THAT TIGER IN THE HALLWAY?



Recently I decided that Justin "needed" a costume for his first Halloween. I came to that realization in Target when he started staring at a tiger costume. I showed him some other costumes too, but the tiger one seemed to be what caught his eye. It was on sale too, how could I resist? The sad thing is that the previous week I purchased him a winter coat and spent less on it than I did on the tiger costume. I anticipate that he will get more use out of the coat than the costume. (Thus far he has worn the costume more often. He thinks that the tiger baby in the mirror is adorable. I agree!)

In all fairness, his winter coat was under $10. It is a Carter's brand from last year and I got it on clearance at Ross. Somehow I thought it was silly to spend over $30 on a winter coat he will wear one season when I could get one for less. No point in getting a Halloween costume for him after Halloween. Though he wouldn't know the difference... Does it really matter when the pictures of baby's first Halloween are taken as long as he believes they were taken on his first Halloween?