Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Justin has been keeping me busy. When he is being Monster Baby I have to be right on top of him. Either I need to watch what he is doing or he has wrapped his little body around my legs and I have no choice but to see and hear how he is feeling. When he isn't being Monster Baby I often want to be there to see what he is doing. I love it when he decides to spin around. He isn't very good at it yet, but he has a lot of fun. Sometimes he tries to get a little up and down bounce in time to the beat thrown in there too, but he falls pretty quickly doing that maneuver.



Justin also enjoys playing chase--or at least he usually does. I thought we were going to have a fun little game, but Justin wasn't amused. I think part of it was that he was upset that the Pooh Mobile wasn't going up on the rug the way he thought it should.



He was laughing really hard while playing the near and far game with his dad. Once I got out the camera he sobered up a little bit. I guess he doesn't want to have proof that his childhood was a happy one. The more screams he can get on camera, the better it is when he wants to be emancipated from his mean old parents. He can show that from a tender young age he already knew he couldn't deal with people as uncaring as we are.



On a positive note...

Justin only wakes up (without self soothing) once or twice a night. That is so much better than the TEN times it was when we moved here! He wants to eat one of the times he wakes up and the other, well, I think quite often he is ready to get up for the day. I tell him it is still night night time. Mommy doesn't get up for the day before 6:00 AM. That makes it a loooooooooong day to love the baby. I love him a lot more when I get more sleep. Some people have said that if I stop feeding him in the night he will stop waking up to eat. Perhaps. Right now at 6:00 AM he is ready for oatmeal, banana, cold cereal, and milk. He would probably rather have it at 5:00 AM. If I didn't feed him in the night he might want to get up for the day at 4:00. I usually need to go to the bathroom and grab a snack in the night anyway. I just know that it is nice not to be as tired as I was. I haven't hallucinated in weeks!