Friday, January 02, 2009

A Title For My Brother (and other stuff)

My brother noted that I didn't have titles for this blog. Look what I did just for him!

We had over seven feet of snow in December. Ugh! Great time to be in Coeur d'Alene when they are breaking records. There were also periods of record cold. I am just glad that in early December when Ryan was born that we weren't snowed in. I saw a TV show in November that showed how a woman in labor had to be rushed by SNOWMOBILE to an ambulance because of snow issues. I think I would rather give birth at home than go by snowmobile while having contractions. I want to know why they didn't send the EMS to her.

Rob left today to go back to Japan. His five weeks here seems like only a few days. Justin is already missing Daddy. He will tell us that Daddy went on an airplane to Japan. Whatever that means to a 2 year old. He says Japan in such a cute little way. Once we get Ryan's passport and visa we will be heading back home to Japan and be together as a family again.

Ryan is basically a month old. (Rob would say that it is not January 3rd yet so Ryan is still not a month old.) He has changed so much. He doesn't sleep well on his own, but he is so much easier than Justin was as a newborn. My mom and I can't figure out why the two of us had trouble managing newborn Justin. I just remember that it wasn't fun and that neither of us ever got to rest.

Ryan is just over 11 pounds now and in the 90th percentile for weight and 95th for length (or vice versa). He has to be protected from his "helpful" older brother. Justin tries to be gentle, but doesn't really get it. Ryan gets held a lot for protection, though he is so cute that he would probably get held a lot anyway. I am still in awe of how wonderful it is NOT to be pregnant. I feel better and can actually do things.

Still haven't gotten out Christmas cards this year. Perhaps a letter for New Year's? We shall see. Whether I get it out or not, I would like to wish my family and friends a happy new year.

Check out new pics on flickr. There is a link on the side of the blog text.