Saturday, March 06, 2010

Tiny's Vocabulary at 15 Months

When Justin went  in for his 18 month check up, I was hard pressed to come up with 10 words that he could say.  I started carefully keeping a log to watch how his vocabulary was growing.  Before long, I could no longer keep track of everything he could say.  His vocabulary had expanded greatly and included being able to identify all uppercase letters and most lowercase letters (stupid b,d,p,q) before he was two years old. 

I don't know if TB (Tiny Baby) will be such a lover of the alphabet, but at 15 months he has a bigger vocab than his brother did.  I guess I won't have to worry when the 18 month check up rolls around.  Right now he can (meaningfully) say: 
  1. mama
  2. dada
  3. baba (bottle even though it is a sippy cup now)
  4. ball
  5. baby
  6. bye-bye
  7. go (and something that I think is  supposed to be "ready, set")
  8. bee-bo (The word used for belly button in the Sandra Boynton Belly Button book)
  9. there you go (In addition to obvious meaning it also means he wants something.  He will point and say it over and over until you give him what he wants and say it to him.)
  10. thank you (his response to you giving him something and saying there you go to him)
  11. peek-a-boo
  12. uh-oh
  13. moo (for cow and other cow like animals)
  14. woof (for dog and other dog like animals)
  15. roar (for dinosaurs, lions, and other roaring type animals)
  16. where are you
  17. light
  18. tickle
  19. goo goo (I think it is supposed to be choo choo since he says it when he plays with trains)
That's all I can think of.  He sure has pointing, grunting, fake crying, and screaming down too.