Sunday, April 01, 2012

April 1, 2012

Well, I should also be doing updating the blog that tells about what I have been doing during the month.  Perhaps tomorrow.  I upload pictures to that blog and get frustrated when it takes awhile.  I seem to have a sloooooow internet connection right now, so pictures might not be the best idea right now.

Our exciting news for the week is that we have our next post: Yerevan, Armenia.  We are SO excited.  No, we don't know exactly when we will be leaving here yet.  No, we don't know when we will be getting to Armenia.  It is good to know where we will be going though.  For those who don't know, Armenia is by Turkey, Georgia, Iran, and Azerbaijan.  It will be a big change from Namibia.  Justin is very excited.  Yesterday, the boys were running around in their big winter coats.  THe coats are currently a size too big, but should be perfect for winter there.

This week we "fell back" an hour as Fall is now here.  It is confusing to change from standard/daylight savings time at a time different than the US.  It is even more confusing since we change in opposite directions.  Surprisingly, the boys slept in until 5:30 in the morning. :)  They were more than ready for bedtime when 7:00 rolled around tonight.  Maybe cooler temperatures and more hours of darkness will have them wanting to sleep more.  Hey, I can dream, right?

The boys and I were doing some frog things, but will put that on hold to do some Easter activities this week in preparation for Easter.  Justin has specifically asked me NOT to look up information about the Easter Bunny on the internet.  He says he KNOWS the Easter Bunny is real so he doesn't want me to look it up because it might say he is wrong.  He cracks me up.  We talked a little about the real reason our family celebrates Easter.  I told him that the important part about Easter is Jesus being resurrected.  He gave me an "uh-huh" kind of response and then told me that the REALLY important part is getting things from the Easter Bunny.  As long as we have that straight.

We got our flu shots this week.  The whole reverse seasons thing here in Nambia and all.  Ryan was so thrilled with his post shot lollipop, that he asked if he could get another shot.  Not a lot of kids want that.  He even asked again the next day.  Amazing what lollipops can do.

I think that I have chipped a tooth or something.  There is no pain, but I keep getting stuff stuck there and when I tried looking, it looks like part of the tooth might be missing.  There is no  pain (except for my tongue when I try to dislodge stuck food and cut it up), but I have to floss every time I eat.  I wonder if I will have to take care of it here or if it can wait until I go back to the US.  Sigh.  With my luck I will have a sub-par job done here and then have to get it done again in the US.  Guess I can wait a bit to see how it goes.

Planning our trip to Cape Town, South Africa.  Very excited.  Hopefully it will be fun and relaxing.  It looks like there is a lot to do.  Traveling is easier with older kids.  Of course a 3 year old doesn't always understand the idea of taking advantage of using a toilet when it is available and not waiting until the last minute.  I shouldn't complain.  I can't remember the last time Ryan has had an accident.  Of course since he refuses to keep the same clothes on if there is even a drop on his underwear, I do more laundry than I should.  Sometimes he will even complain that his underwear smells like his penis so he needs to change his underwear and pants.  When he washes his hands he will change his clothes if he gets his shirt at all wet.  Sigh.

Ryan has decided that his cousins make wonderful scapegoats.  Since they live in Oregon, I can't really hear their side of the story.  Whenever I ask him where he learned something that he thinks I don't like, he says it was cousins.  He also tries to avoid responsibility by asking me not to look or to stop talking.  Favorite expressions include:  "I don't know yet."  "It's hard to tell."  "Don't say that to me."  Fake coughs are also great ways to avoid a subject.  It is hard not to laugh.

I have a bit of a sore throat.  Here's hoping it doesn't turn into a full blown cold or anything.  Perhaps the internet is fast enough that I can upload pics to my other blog now. :)