Thursday, July 18, 2013

July 7-13


I'm afraid that our days are probably not very exciting to hear about.  It seems like it is filled with routine tasks such as laundry, dishes, vacuuming, and the like.

Sunday started off poorly for me.  I had a killer headache and took some Excedrin about 6 am and went back to bed.  Rob woke me up at 9:00 am for church and I told him I still wasn't feeling well.  I ended up sleeping until about 2:00 in the afternoon.  I as up for a few hours, and back in bed for the night before 7:00.  I felt a lot better the next day.  Just glad that Rob was home and that he managed the boys for me.

Wednesday I took the boys to the Embassy to meet for a CLO activity to Play City.  There were only two other kids, but we had a good time.  Play City is kind of like a Chuck E Cheese without the pizza or large rat/mouse.  The main room has a variety of video games and other games, some identical to the games you find at Chuck E Cheese.  Rather than tokens, you put money on a swipe card and just swipe each time to play.  It is definitely easier than keeping track of tokens, but hard to keep track of how much more you have.  There is also a large McDonald's type play structure.  It does not take your swipe card, but rather a ticket.  You buy the ticket at the main desk and then take the ticket over to the play area.  The next room over has  bumper cars.  Once again, you buy a ticket at the main desk and then take it over to the bumper car area.  The bumper cars were fun, but the restraints were not very functional.  I was glad that I was in the car with Ryan and could keep him from flying out of the car.

The other side of the building has billiards, bowling, and a few other games.  Outside there are go-karts, paint ball, and mini golf areas.  I have no doubt that you have to buy tickets at the main desk and then take them to the designated area.  I think the reason I found that so amusing is because the employee would run over from an area to the main desk to take the money and then run back over to the area to take your ticket.  Kind of a one man show kind of thing except for the fact that there were more employees than customers.  I guess middle of the day on a weekday isn't prime Play City time.

This game was definitely Justin's favorite.  He and another boy there played it the majority of the time.

Justin and Ryan sporting the tie dye shirts they made at the Fourth of July party.

 

We had tried ordering pizza from GG's Pizza last week and they didn't speak any English.  This week I had Rob get someone from work call and order it for us so it would be delivered when he got home from work.  What we got wasn't exactly pizza.  The double cheese with stuffed crust had a generous amount of cheese and an okay crust.  Unfortunately, I don't know if they believe in tomato sauce.  It tasted more like cheese bread.  It was fine, but not what I want when I want pizza.  We also got a pepperoni and, not too surprisingly, it was not pepperoni.  We can try some other places, but we might end up having to just make our own pizza here.  I really miss being able to just order a pizza like you can in the US.  I know, what a rough life I have.