Thursday, October 10, 2013

October 5, 2013

I've had some issues with sun poisoning lately.  Since the Embassy Health Unit doesn't have doxycycline, I got it at a local pharmacy.  Many things here are just OTC.  You ask for them and they give them to you.  The pills ended up costing under 3 cents a piece so I don't think I will try to get insurance to reimburse me. :)  Unfortunately, I didn't think to look up precautions to take when using doxycycline.  Since the weather has been nice, we have been trying to enjoy Saturdays outside as a family.  Saturday night or Sunday morning I would wake up feeling awful.  I would be nauseous, vomit, and feel dizzy.  I would be feverish and have a horrible headache and my skin would feel hot to me, but not to the touch.  Evidently doxycycline and sun do not mix well for some people and I am definitely one of them!  At least my mystery illness was solved and it was an easy fix.  Once I am off of it for two weeks I should be okay again.

My mom has asked for a picture of Justin's school.  We always walk in from the back because it is much shorter to go that way.  Probably saves a couple of kilometers.  Anyway, here is a picture of J's school from the back as we are walking down the hill.  I will take some more pics for next week.  The front is nicer and you can find a picture of it here: http://www.qsi.org/schoolpages/arm/home/

 
 
On Friday, Rob and I had some paperwork to fill out in order to renew our passports.  When we finished, we went out to eat.  Nice traffic. :(
We walked around downtown for awhile and ended up eating at Dolmamama.  I had the Dolma Dolmamama which is spicy rice and meat wrapped in grape leaves.  I should have taken the picture BEFORE I started to eat.  It looked better with 6 on the plate and no juices spilling out.  Oh well.  Dolma are probably not the prettiest things in the world anyway.  I know what my boys would say that they look like.  Rob had the steak au poivre.  Both of our choices were good, but I think his was better.
 


Skyler, who lives across the street, babysat the boys.  They LOVE her!  It had been raining earlier in the day and Ryan was afraid that we were going to cancel.  He had it in his head that we were going to get food at a restaurant (probably KFC he said) and eat it in the park.  We could relax because he and Justin wouldn't be there so it would be quiet.  I told him that we were going to eat inside a restaurant and that it was going to be a grown-up restaurant.  He's hoping we do the KFC and park thing soon so Skyler can watch them again.

Life is pretty routine and fairly unexciting.  Still enjoying the warm weather!