Sunday, February 23, 2014

February 23, 2014

Last week, Rob and I took turns with the illness both boys had previously had.  Not fun.  I don't like having a fever and aching and just generally being miserable.  Not a whole lot happened that week.  The boys got extra wii and tv time and could do pretty much whatever they wanted when they were home from school.  Valentines Day was a non-event.  Justin and Ryan did get quite a haul from Grandma though. :)  The boys made us valentines, but I think Justin's was out of obligation since we gave him one.

I think Ryan put a bit more effort into his valentine than J did.
I guess if J had changed his mind he could just replace the sticky note
and give the heart to someone else.
This has been a pretty good week.  We are all pretty much over the crud and getting back to normal.  We still cough a lot, but we are able to sleep at night and have been fever free.  I think Monday was my last day with a fever.  We are also hopeful that spring is on the way.  On Friday it got up to 60 degrees.  It has been nice to be able to enjoy being outside again.  It's cool enough in the mornings that the boys need coats going to school, but they don't in the afternoons when they are running around.

Ryan soaking up a little sun

 Things even went well with grocery delivery this week.  They had everything that the website said they had and didn't have to call me to make adjustments to my delivery.  Bread, eggs, milk...  Of course they were out of chicken, but at least I knew that so I didn't try to order it.

Coke Zero from Poland.  Perhaps I can now choose between Coke Light and Coke Zero.
They had lettuce in the store!  Good thing it is for tacos and not
main course salad because you can see you don't get much in a bunch!

 One night (morning?) I woke up about 4:45 to go to the bathroom and Ryan was already up and playing in his room.  I have no idea how long he had been up.  He took a 20 minute nap later that day.  Miraculously, he still went to bed around the usual time.  I was afraid he would think that 20 minutes meant he should be up until midnight.

Someone had a rough night and an early morning.

Justin checked out one of the Captain Underpants books from the school library.  Both boys enjoy the flip-o-rama action on some of the pages.  I pulled out a book that Meredith had given us and they enjoyed that too.  Obviously not quite as much because it didn't involve lunch lady zombies or a guy in underwear and a cape.
Both boys enjoyed flipping through the book.

Meredith gave us this book a few years ago
 A quiet Saturday with sleeping in (for me) while the boys enjoyed some wii time.  Later we went outside to enjoy the nice weather and play with the stomp rocket Justin got for Christmas.