Saturday, January 09, 2016

New Year's Resolution?

So obviously I have not been spending much time on my blog.  I blame my mom being on Facebook so I can share pictures quickly. I am starting off 2016 with the intention of doing better.  We'll see how long that lasts.

We are no longer in Armenia and now call Doha, Qatar our home.  We ended 2015 by going out to the Singing Sand Dunes with some friends.

Ryan and A hanging out where the sand dune is not so steep.

Rob trying to get the sled to go.  It was not a good day to slide down the dunes.  Possibly because it actually rained the night before?  We still managed to have fun and find uses for the sleds.

Justin searching for treasure with his metal detector.

My lovely shadow as I take a picture of the dads and 3 of the kids.

Justin showing some of his treasures.  These are some he found without the metal detector.



H is pulling a sled full of "treasure" comprising of mostly rocks up the dunes.

A whole lot of nothing but sand.

We spent about 3 hours roaming around in the sand and discovering treasure before heading back to town for some frozen yogurt.  Not a bad way to end 2015.  Glad to have friends that motivate us to get out of the house now and then.  Our boys would have been happy to spend a few more hours out there since H and A were there.  I bet if our family had gone alone they would have been done in 15 minutes.