Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Trip to Xi'an, China
August 3rd through 6th I was able to go to Xi'an, China. Rob had to work, but I was able to go and meet up with some friends and enjoy the city.
I arrived on Thursday afternoon and took a bus from the airport to my hotel. The Bell Tower Hotel is in a perfect location in the center of town, very convenient to everything within the city walls. I checked in, rested a bit, and took off looking for something to eat. Unfortunately, the restaurant I was looking for was no longer there. Nothing looked very appetizing to the baby, so I finally gave up. I was starving and went into McDonald's. Might not be very exciting, but beats some of the other typical fast food.
I wandered around a bit and ended up over in the Muslim area of town. I walked through the market and browsed at the many things for sale.

Walking around in all the heat wore me out. I wanted to get back to the hotel and just relax. There were several restaurants up and down the streets, but none seemed to be the "to go" type of place. I ended up getting carry out at pizza hut and heading back to eat, watch tv, and get to bed early.