Tuesday, January 02, 2007



January 1, 2007

It looks like I might have a few minutes to write. Justin is such a sweet baby, but a gassy one who doesn't like to be put down. As long as he is being held he is pretty mild mannered. He is definitely not the little girl I expected, but we will keep him. :)

Justin is definitely better on the after side of the pregnancy. Even his birth wasn't bad in comparision to pregnancy. Nine long months of puking and feeling uncomfortable vs. less than five hours of pain. I am still a little bitter that I didn't get my epidural or anything for pain. Once he decided to come, Justin came pretty quickly. Friday, December 22nd around 7:00 PM my mom and I arrived at hospital. 9:00 PM they were ready to send me home because my contractions had slowed down and hadn't gotten past 2 cm. I am, at this point, still puking. :( Luckily, my water broke so they kept me. About a quarter to midnight my sweet little Justin was born. I kept puking all through labor, but stopped as soon as he was born. Justin (no name at the time) weighed 7 pounds 6 ounces and was 21 inches long. We didn't have a boy named picked out so he didn't officially get his name until the day after Christmas when we went back to the hospital and finished filling out the paperwork.
Justin is a gassy little baby. He should have been born back in the day when people put their babies to sleep on their stomachs. He does not like his back and I end up holding him all night long while dozing in the recliner. Other people help take turns (Rob, my mom, my sister, even my dad) but Justin seems to like to be with me so he can eat frequently. Sure I get so tired that I burst into tears now and then, but he is worth it. I don't know how people manage if they don't have other people to help out. I know that I am going to have to learn to type faster with one hand or I will hardly ever get anything up on the blog.