Monday, January 08, 2007

Justin Thomas Weber: The Name

A couple of people have asked about Justin's name and wondered if he is named after anyone. Justin was going to be Hannah Renee Weber. I like the name Hannah and Renee is my middle name as well as my mother's. When "Hannah" ended up being a boy, we were at quite a loss. I had a list of other girl names that I liked, but hadn't been planning on a boy. Rob was still on his way out to Idaho and couldn't exactly help me to come up with a name right away.

I went through the alphabet in my mind one letter at at time thinking of boy's names that I liked that started with that letter. I came up with a list. I thought Robert or Evan (Rob's middle name) might be good middle name ideas. Left the hospital without a name for Weber, Boy.

My sister helped look for names online and everyone added to the list. Rob and I crossed off names that we didn't like for whatever reason. We didn't want a W or a R name because we thought it could be a mouthful, especially if our little one has trouble with speech. We didn't want a name that everyone would automatically shorten. A lot of names that we liked we didn't like the nickname that is common with it. Rob wasn't too big on using one of his names as a middle name.

One morning when I was catching up on some sleep, Rob and Baby had a talk and thought Justin might fit. They told me the idea. It was a name on the list and a name that I like. I thought about it for the day and decided it worked. We had a hard time with a middle name, but Thomas is a name that I like and it flowed with Justin better than a lot of the other name ideas so Justin Thomas became our Baby's name. The day after Christmas we went to the hospital and gave them the information so it could be processed.

I am pretty much used to referring to my baby as he and not she. When I talk about what he was like in the womb he is still often referred to as a she because as far as I was concerned at that time he was going to be my little girl. I am used to calling him Justin (in addition to about a million other nicknames). The day we named him we had a dr appt and when they call you back they call the child's name. As they called patients back I had to think if they were calling my baby or not. :) How embarassing. At least I didn't go back until they called for Justin.

Speaking of Justin, he is stirring so I need to go. Here are a few pictures of my sweetie.