Thursday, July 12, 2007

Crawling and Sitting

July 6, 2007
This is the date when I decided that Monster Baby could officially crawl. When he can get away from me and into the next room on his own there is no "maybe" about whether or not he is moving. Here are a couple of crawling clips, neither is very exciting. My baby does not cooperate.


July 12, 2007
This is the day I decided Monster Baby could sit. Funny since babies should sit well before they crawl. Sitting doesn't get him anywhere, so he really isn't interested in it. It took awhile to get him positioned. I had to get him sitting first. He kept arching his back and trying to get out of the sitting position until I collected a half dozen toys to distract him. I don't know what the official sitting criteria is, but today he managed to sit for over 10 minutes. In my book, that counts and isn't just a fluke. Note the empty coke bottle in the picture. It is one of his favorite toys.
Last (and probably least) is a clip that was made trying the quick capture feature on youtube. I will have to try again sometime and see if there was some sort of problem because the quality is REALLY poor. It does show off his cute laugh though.