Friday, December 07, 2007

Life in Tokyo

We are settling in to our new home in Tokyo. The movers are scheduled to come on Monday. Yay! Only onee more weekend without our things. Once we get everything it should make it feel more like home. It will be a lot of work to get it all put away though.
In the meantime, Rob is getting adjusted to his new job and Justin and I are trying to get into a routine. He will be one year old on the 22nd and he isn't walking yet. That is fine, but I would have bet money that he would be walking by now. He continues to cruise just as he has been for the past couple of months. Chicken Baby doesn't want to let go! He will stand up in the middle of the room and then decide he doens't want to chance it and gets back down and crawls. He has mastered racing up the stairs (gate isn't up yet) and climbing on top of things. How a baby who can't walk can climb the way he does, I'll never know. Here he is on the coffee table. He was very proud of himself.
Justin has become quite the "helper" with the laundry. He loves to take the clean laundry and throw it in with the dirty laundry. He also enjoys gathering up the socks and scattering them near and far. He just loves socks. Usually I don't mind, but when he attacks a pile of clothes I just folded... He is lucky he is so cute!
The weather has been warm. We haven't had to put on our winter coats yet. Justin has a hat and a pair of mittens, but he is yet to wear them outside of the house. I did try them on him. He didn't seem to mind. Perhaps that is because the TV was on. He has decided he likes Elmos's World on Sesame Street.
He is also working on feeding himself. It makes quite a mess which leads to needing to clean him up. He does not like that. Once he is clean he is off and running. He loves being naked. Rob says I shouldn't show people this picture because it will embarass Justin. I think that it will be okay for now. Don't plan on getting it enlarged and framed or anything.

I owe a lot of people e-mail. I haven't forgotten you! I have been busy trying to get to know the area and looking after Monster Baby.