Wednesday, September 17, 2008


T is for Duck

Evidently the wild turkeys who congregate by the mailboxes are not turkey-like. Justin does not seem to realize that these creatures are the same as the ones he sees gracing the letter T page in his ABC book. They aren't as plump and they certainly don't have their feathers up and proudly displayed. In his wisdom he has decided that they are ducks, though I don't see a lot of resemblance to ducks.

While Justin was sleeping I ran out and got a couple of pictures of these rather homely looking birds. No sooner did I come inside and put the camera memory card in the computer, than the stupid turkeys came right up to where I had been. One of them was even showing off and looked like the turkeys on the T page. Should I snatch up the memory card and try for another shot? Nope. The stupid deer chased the turkeys away.

Guess the closest shot I will be able to get of a turkey will be the one on the table at Thanksgiving. With my luck I will be in the hospital giving birth and will miss that shot as well. Here's to ducks, whatever kind of bird they may actually be.