Friday, September 26, 2008

Justin promoted me to "Mommy" this month. I have always been his mother, and he used to call me "Mama" until we got to Idaho. Then he realized that it was hard to say "Grandma" and when he would call for her it sounded quite a bit like "Mama" and was a bit confusing. I lost my status as "Mama" and became "MeMe" instead. As best we can tell, "MeMe" developed from him always being told to come to ME or give it to ME or look at ME... Well, you get the idea. That did cause some confusion when someone other than MeMe would use the word 'me' and he would assume that 'me' was "MeMe" and not the person speaking. He has been able to say 'Mommy' for some time, so why it took until now to promote me (at least I think it is a promotion!) to "Mommy" I don't know. I suppose he figures that I will love him no matter what and it doesn't matter what he calls me.