Sunday, November 24, 2013

November 24, 2013



I thought that winter was coming, but we had another little bit of "warm" weather.  It was fun for the boys to be able to run around and play in the yard (without coats) while I raked up some leaves.  It was nice to see them getting along with each other.  I suspect that in the back of their minds they realized that playing nicely was one of the best ways to avoid being drafted into raking duty.  Later in the week, Ryan did help though.  By help I of course mean that he was outside with me with a rake.  I do not mean to imply that the work went faster or more smoothly. :)

 
The trees that line the streets belong to the community we live in and are cared for by community employees.  That means they rake those leaves and collect them.  These seem to be the same people who pick up our trash three times a week.  I have noticed that the women do the work while the men do very little.  I see the tractor with trailer driving around to collect the trash each week.  The women go digging through all of the trash cans, pulling out the trash and carrying it to the trailer.  The male driver sits in the tractor, idling as he waits for them.  Okay, so perhaps it isn't really practical for him to get out and hop back in over and over as they move along the street.  When they are raking, however, he spends a lot of time just sitting there as he waits for them to rake the leaves onto a tarp and haul them into the trailer.  Rough life for him.
 

I am also throwing in a random picture of clothes drying outside of a city apartment.  I know my mom enjoys seeing things like that.







Ryan's school had a parent meeting on Wednesday and Justin's school had a PTO meeting on Thursday.  That meant that I was gone during bedtime.  Kind of nice to be away during the whole bedtime routine.  It is really nice to live so close to both of their schools and be able to walk out the door 5 minutes before the start time.

This week Justin's school had their foreign language performance.  Justin is taking French and was very excited to be able to show off his skills with the other kids in his class.  The kids did a good job and were very cute.
 

Ryan was quite proud of his Sunday fashion sense.  What a cutie.
 
 
Yeah, it wasn't a very exciting week.  That is probably a good thing though. :)