Saturday, June 02, 2007

Eating with Elmo

I think Monster Baby enjoys the spoon more than the rice cereal, but that's okay. He is getting his bottom two front teeth. Poor thing! Not sure if "poor thing" refers to him or to me though. Not so helpful tidbits about teething I have learned:
  1. Your child may drool more and you should wipe his face frequently to remove drool. (MAY drool more? We could fill a pool with my baby's drool. To keep his face drool free I would need to hire someone 24/7 to keep after him.)
  2. Some babies have no problems, some have irritability on and off and some are cranky for weeks. (Can you guess whose baby falls into category 3?)
  3. Your baby may have disrupted sleeping and eating patterns. (Sigh! We were just GETTING our sleeping and eating patterns down a little better. That's all out the window now.)
  4. Give your baby something to chew on. Make sure he can't choke on it and never tie a teething ring around his neck. (Now why would he want anything designed for teething when he has his dear sweet mom?)
  5. It doesn't last forever. (Just seems like it.)

Of course nothing really answers my questions of exactly how long can I blame Monster Baby's sleeping and eating problems and fussiness on teething? I can feel his teeth poking through and they are nasty sharp little buggers. I can't really see them yet, not that he lets me look very well. At least I don't think he is old enough to milk it for all it is worth...