Monday, October 31, 2005

The Best Bags Ever!
It didn't take long for me to figure out that carrying home several Wal-Mart plastic bags in each hand was not going to work. I decided to find some bags I could use and was delighted to find some at www.reusablebags.com and before I knew it they arrived in the mail. Now I take them with me everytime I go shopping. They fold up and fit nicely in my purse and hold a lot! Just check out what I got today:

One loaf of bread for sandwiches
One loaf dessert bread
Four 260 ml bottles of diet coke with lemon
One bag of flour (1.5 kg)
Two candy bars
Eight eggs
One packet frying seasoning
One lemon
Four small packets of tomato paste (about 2 Tbsp each)
Two cucumbers
One package beef (.25kg)
Four packages of chicken (totally just over 1.5 kg)
Two Asian eggplants
One bunch bananas
Two ears of corn
Four large carrots (just under .5 kg)

I managed to spend about $7. I am forcing myself NOT to be a bargain shopper in China. I figure if I want it and they got it I better splurge. Never know what they will have next time I go. Tonight I used one package of chicken and the eggplant for dinner. Wonder what we will have tomorrow...














See my great bags on the chair? All of the items in the picture on the right were in them and there was still room to spare.