Sunday, April 09, 2006




I keep trying to figure out what Perth reminds me of. In some ways it is like the past. I mean this in a good way. It seems more laid back and casual. Traffic doesn’t seem bad, people are polite, and even the city center has a quaint feel to it. It’s clean and relatively quiet. Except for the weekends, shops close early.



Riding the free CAT buses around town is a good way to get a feel for the city and where things are. Well, I guess it helped me get a feel for the city, but I have no sense of direction and could probably get lost crossing the street.

Luckily it seemed to help Rob know where everything is. I knew I brought him with for a reason. J We spent some time sitting on the grass by the Swan River just reading, resting, and looking around. We watched people, birds, and boats.