Sunday, April 09, 2006




I was impressed with the lions, tigers, and spider monkeys. They were actually moving around and practically begging to be photographed.
We took the ferry back to Circular Quay and decided to bag the Opera House tour. I am not sure what about it takes an hour to see. I don’t want to hear about the contest, design winner, etc. any more than I already have. I don’t care to have a close up view of the foyers, stages, etc. It is supposed to be a popular attraction, but the outside was enough for us. Instead we found a shady spot so we could sit in the Botanical Gardens. We got to watch the things happening on the water and were entertained by some kids playing nearby. As sunset drew near, we decided to walk over to the Sydney Tower again and see the view at sunset and after dark. (We skipped the OzTrek movie this time!) It was nice, but I preferred the day view. Day view provides good photo ops and better orientation of the surroundings. For dinner we ended up back at Macleay’s Pizza (on Macleay Street in Potts Point). Obviously it has become a favorite. I wouldn’t mind having yet another meal from Macleay’s before we leave.