Sunday, April 09, 2006

Needing a day without so much sun, we opted for museums. The Western Australia Museum gets my seal of approval. Admission is a suggested donation of $2 Australian. Quite a deal. It was almost empty so we were able to move through the exhibits at our own pace without getting slowed down or feeling rushed. The Aboriginal exhibits were particularly interesting to me. We took a break for lunch and then went to the Western Australia Art Museum. We didn’t spend as long there. It didn’t impress me much. I found the building it was in more interesting than a lot of the art. It was free, so I guess the price was right.

Friday meant beach day. We took a bus to City Beach. Since it is the end of March and summer is almost over, there weren’t a lot of people at the beach. It was a fairly quiet and laid back day. I read and slept. Got into the water a little bit, and played with the sand and shells.