Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Do I smell bad or something??

As I sit here in my hotel room wearing the same clothing I wore yesterday, I wonder if this is a bad start to our move to China. I did carefully divide my underwear and clothing between the two suitcases in case one was delayed or something, but BOTH were. By the time I carry on my computer, video camera, camera, PDA, wallet, book, medications, important documents, and snacks, there just isn't room for much else.

It began Sunday morning. We arrived at the Spokane International Airport and got to our gate rather smoothly. Unfortunately, our flight was cancelled because of a dead battery. (I am guessing it was not just a Duracell AA.) Instead of leaving at 6:45 AM we got to wait until closer to 10:00 AM. SO glad that we woke up nice and early. :( Okay, not TOO bad. We end up at BWI at 9:00 PM instead of 7:20 PM. Too bad my luggage hasn't made it yet. Perhaps I will end up in China wearing my apple green Eddie Bauer cropped sweats. I guess I could tell people that I was evacuated from New Orleans and then my stinky clothes and lack of personal hygiene products would be more acceptable. Could be worse. I could be one of those people from New Orleans, or have a baby with me who has explosive diarrhea and no spare clothes.

I really need to have my sister (see link to her blog in my first post) to write mine for me too. This should be a great story, but I am too tired or bored or boring to make it the great story it should be. Perhaps she will rewrite it and put on her blog. I hope so. That would be a great post to read. :)

Our FPO address is available. E-mail me if you want it and I will make sure to pass it along.

No comments: